Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's been a week!


(from pizdaus.com/)
Lenin sinks a three.

Tomorrow morning marks my first week in Kyiv, and what a week it's been. I've made some friends, seen some sights,



eaten some real Ukrainan food, and learned a whole lot about ICARR.



I also began conducting interviews with scientists at RCRM. Sometimes the language barrier makes it hard for my interviewees to understand certain questions, but with patience I can usually make myself understood. I've found it useful to give a typed copy of my questions to my interviewees, since many of them are stronger at reading English than at hearing it. I've been recording my interviews with a digital voice recorder, and I plan to spend some time this weekend listening to them and transcribing them.

I am looking forward to talking to Ark workers, hopefully next week. (Since it's summer, check-in controls and special controls happen less frequently, and we didn't have any this week.) I should also know more details about my trip to Chernobyl with RCRM.

I'm absolutely exhausted... research is hard work!

7 comments:

olechko said...

I see you are doing some sightseeing too. Very looking forward to some good results of your work here!
cheers,

Craig Chilvers said...

I just wanted to leave a comment to say that I enjoy your blog. Looking at the number of comments, I see others feel the same way! Congratulations on a very popular blog.

Boat finance broker

premiumflag banners said...

Nice article you got here. It would be great to read more about this theme. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is some pictures of any gizmos.

feather flag
flag banner
custom flag banners

asif ifteakhar said...

Thank you for the great article I did enjoyed reading it, I will be sure to
bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from again.
I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a good day

north london business opportunities
london networking groups
london business networking

DexSmart Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
golf stayz said...

Your article is extremely impressive. I never considered that it was feasible to
accomplish something like that until after I looked over your post .

فروشگاه کتاب
فروش کتاب
خرید کتاب
خرید اینترنتی کتاب
فروش اینترنتی کتاب
خرید کتاب اینترنتی
فروشگاه اینترنتی کتاب
فروش کتاب اینترنتی

Boris kreiman said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading what you all have to say


real estate law
how to buy a house
first time home buyer programs